This is mostly a multi-fandom blog, mixed with things I find amusing/interesting. I take no responsibility for the terror your eyes will undoubtedly witness here. Feel free to chat with me or ask any kind of questions! I am not shy and am willing to help to the best of my abilities. The bolded is what I am reblogging most at this time of year.
Things I like:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Game of Thrones, Evangelion, Lord of the Rings, BBC Sherlock, Supernatural, Free!, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Korra, Pokemon, Naruto, Ookiku Furikabutte, The Avengers, How to Train Your Dragon, Disney, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Aitsu no Daihonmei, The Amazing Spiderman, The Hunger Games
okay but what makes me even sadder than angry resentful harry who hated the dursleys and everything they stood for is the little boy harry must have been at the beginning of the whole thing, when he still wanted the dursley’s love and affection like
- harry in his first days at privet drive cooing “ma” at aunt petunia only to get a sharp pinch and an angry rebuke
- harry as a preschooler drawing three blond blobs and a little black one with “my family” scratched over the top and presenting it to uncle vernon, who ripped it up and threw it away
- harry trying to play football with dudley and being confused when all his cousin did was kick the ball in his stomach until he fell over
- harry picking flowers for aunt petunia in mother’s day when he was five and as a punishment being forced to work in the garden
- harry hoping every birthday that this year, maybe this year he had behaved well enough to get a real present and waking up to yet another clothes hanger or tissue box
- harry being kicked out of the room the first time he had tried to fit himself into the dursleys’ family photo
- harry being the loving caring person he was naturally and getting only harsh words and abuse in return
do you ever wonder what would have happened if the dursleys had actually managed to hide harry’s identity from him until he turned 17
like dumbledore somehow lost track of them when vernon changed jobs or when they moved houses, and for some reason they just couldn’t find them again
and harry potter the boy who lived grew up attending typical schools and his friends knew that sometimes weird shit would happen around him, but they just thought it was a coincidence or that they were imagining it but slowly they all left him and he grew up even more isolated and angry and so he runs away at 16
and meanwhile voldemort knows harry ran away and that he is out there somewhere, vulnerable, but he’s not in the wizarding world, so his death eaters are wreaking havoc trying to find him
and harry obviously has magical talent but he doesn’t know that, but every child in hogwarts does and they’ve learned about him and now know that he’s just out there somewhere, completely unaware of what’s going to happen to him
and some kids it doesn’t bother, but for others like neville and hermione and luna and ron, it’s horrifying to think that this innocent person who should be in their year is going to be hunted down like this
so they decide to go find him before voldemort or the death eaters can
and harry is in a train station on his way to work and is converged upon by about six people who are trying their hardest to not freak out and tell him that he’s a wizard in grave danger, but they know they have such little time
so instead of the wizarding world finding harry at 11, it finds him at 16 and a half when it’s in a much darker, desperate place
i don’t know i just really like the idea of harry potter joining the wizarding world through a bunch of rebellious hogwarts dropouts hiding throughout england and running from enemies he didn’t know he had and learning magic along the way in dark alleys and through street fights
okay so imagine an au where the potters live. harry dates oliver wood briefly. james hears of this and pulls harry aside. stares him in the eye with a deadly serious face
“he’s a Keeper”
You made an entire AU that would alter almost every facet of that series
For a pun
You’re a beautiful person.
"Are you serious right now, Dad?"
"No, I’m not serious. I’m Dad. He’s Sirius."
friendly reminder that if harry would have been a girl snape would have treated her like petyr baelish treats sansa stark ✿◕‿◕✿
A muggle-born’s sibling sends them a howler in the middle of the school year and it arrives while they eat. When they open it, all it does is simply scream “WHAT TEAM?”. Nearly all the muggle-borns shout “WILDCATS!” before returning to their meal, leaving the pure-bloods in total confusion of what the hell they just witnessed.
I accept and fully support this headcanon