every time i see pictures of this sculpture i wonder why people crop out the best part
BOTH THESE GOATS ARE POPPIN ROCK SOLID BONERS
Siri just suddenly made me sad
This number appears at the first pages of “A choice with no regrets” x
It remind me of something, so I went to the Shingeki manga and I read this page.
DON’T TELL ME MIKASA AND LEVI ARE FAMILY OMG
THEY WHERE TALKING ABOUT DOING THE THING!!!!!!!!!!!
okay but is that marco next to them because that could explain a lot.
IT IS HOLY FUCK THEY KILLED HIM BECAUSE HE KNEW TOO FUCKING MUCH HOLY SHITEXCUSE ME WHILE I FUCKING CRY!
I’ll be all around in the dark. I’ll be everywhere. Wherever you can look, wherever there’s a flame war, so Twitter people can have LULZ, I’ll be there. Wherever there’s an anon writing mpreg fanfic I’ll be there. I’ll be in the way guys yell when you’ve violated Rules 1 and 2. I’ll be in the way people laugh when they’ve read my Tumblr and wonder if the fandom universe is collapsing on itself, and when the people are gifing the stuff they watch and meme-ing the stuff we do, I’ll be there, too.
GUYS OH MY GODTHEY HAVE FOUND CLEOPATRA AND MARC ANTONY’S TOMB OH MY GOD WHY ISN’T ANYONE FLIPPING OUT OVER THIS THIS IS SO AMAZING SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THIS
ONE OF THOSE SKELETONS IS CLEOPATRA, CLEOPATRA VII
THIS IS MONUMENTAL SERIOUSLY I AM FREAKING OUT AMAZING
OK but no this park has been haunting my dreams since I reblogged this yesterday and I did some research and just well here are a few of my favourite quotes you will not be disappointed with this park
- "The Alpine Slide concept was simple enough: you sat on a sled and descended down concrete tracks using a hand brake to control your speed, either slowly or at a speed described by a former park employee as "death awaits"."
- "The Tarzan Swing was known for scraped toe knuckles and also the shock that people would experience when their bodies were immersed in the icy cold water below. The water was so cold that people would forget how to swim once they hit it."
- "[The Cannonball Loop (ride pictured)] supposedly dismembered test dummies and maybe even a few park employees in trial runs.”
- "The Super Speedboats could go up to 35-40 miles an hour and were treated like bumper boats by park attendees. They were also set up in a swamp, in the middle of which was a small, rocky island populated by an uneasy alliance of water snakes and lifeguards."
- “They actually had the audacity to have a “slow” lane and a “fast” lane. They should have been called “injured” lane and “dead” lane.”
- “One of these vigorous “shoots” was particularly intriguing, as it would suck you in and then immediately make an abrupt 90 degree turn. Not a 45 degree turn. Not even a nice, slow, smooth, curvy 90 degree turn. No. It would literally slam you into a wall and toss you in a different direction and then project your young, gnarled body into a gooey pond of crying kids and water snakes. It was awesome.”
- “Finally, the third thing that would catch your attention was the ubiquitous “first aid cart.” Kind of like a golf cart, piloted by two zitty teens wearing oversized EMT shirts, the cart would inevitably be seen looping through the trails, grass, and little forests that surrounded the park.”
- “People giving the finger, shouting descriptive and awful things, and undressing in midair were commonplace.”
- "We used to steal kegs, drink the beer, ride the Indy cars down Route 94, crash the Indy cars, get the Indy cars back to the park without anybody seeing us (there were only three cops in Vernon back then) and then go for a swim at the pools to sober up."
And, my personal favourite:
- "The Cannonball Loop was the brainchild of some Swiss guy they imported on a week-long visa. I was one of the idiots that accepted you-know-who’s crisp $100 bill to test run it. That was my last ride. $100 did not buy enough booze to drown out that memory."
Oh man the wiki article for this place is great too.
The descriptions for every one of the rides are pretty much one sentence explaining what the ride is, and then five more sentences detailing all the different ways people got maimed on that ride.
"and the park eventually bought the township of Vernon extra ambulances to keep up with the volume."
Words of wisdom.
I think I just came.
this is the pokemon we deserve
*GROSS SOBBING* THIS IS SO LONG OVER-DUE.
DON’T MIND ME, I AM JUST GOING TO DROWN IN A SEA OF FEELS AND EMOTIONS SOLELY FROM THE FIRST GEN MAIN THEME! I AM SOBBING SOMEONE HOLD ME- I CANNOT CONTAIN MY FEELS
did anyone notice that megane is a magical girl?
Blondie over there sure did.
This is worth your seven seconds
I’M SO ANGRY
SOME 16TH CENTURY ASSHOLE WROTE “GOD B W YE” IN A LETTER AS AN ABBREVIATION FOR “GOD BE WITH YE”
AND IT APPEARED AS “GODBWYE”
WHICH WAS THEN READ AS “GOODBYE”
AND THAT’S WHY WE SAY “GOODBYE”
BECAUSE OF 16TH CENTURY CHAT SPEAK
The findings from a 15-year, longitudinal study of more than 300 women in France, suggest that breasts would gain more tone, and would support themselves, if no bra was used. Why? Bras appear to limit the growth of supporting breast tissues, leaving the breast to wither and degrade more quickly. In fact, women who stopped wearing bras experienced a 7mm lift in their nipples each year that they did not wear a bra, and bra-less women developed firmer breasts, and stretch marks faded. And, in direct opposition to the myth that the bra eases back pain for women with larger breasts, not wearing a bra actually eased the pain, while wearing a bra did not.