This is mostly a multi-fandom blog, mixed with things I find amusing/interesting. I take no responsibility for the terror your eyes will undoubtedly witness here. Feel free to chat with me or ask any kind of questions! I am not shy and am willing to help to the best of my abilities. The bolded is what I am reblogging most at this time of year.
Things I like:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Game of Thrones, Evangelion, Lord of the Rings, BBC Sherlock, Supernatural, Free!, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Korra, Pokemon, Naruto, Ookiku Furikabutte, The Avengers, How to Train Your Dragon, Disney, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Aitsu no Daihonmei, The Amazing Spiderman, The Hunger Games
What we need is a cameo of ‘Dragon’ from Shrek in HTTYD3
If y’all haven’t realized yet, in the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire universe I am wild for Dorne and the Dornish. For this reason, a line from last night’s episode of GoT pissed me off.
"We met, you and I. Many years ago. You had just been born. Our lord father brought me and my sister Elia with him on a visit to Casterly Rock.”
Let’s compare that to the lines from A Storm of Swords:
"We have met before, I would not expect you to remember though, You were smaller than you are now. It was many years ago, when my mother ruled in Dorne and your lord father was Hand to a different king. I visited Casterly rock with my mother, her consort, and my sister Elia.”
One of the things that sets Dorne apart from the rest of the realm is that in Dorne, women have the same inheritance rights as men. The first born child is the heir, no matter the sex. Oberyn Martell never had a lord father. His mother was Princess of Dorne, ruling in her own right, and she had a consort.
It’s an unnecessary and stupid change and I don’t like its implications.
it’s really not a coincidence that winter soldier is being talked about as the best marvel movie yet
when you give women and poc the same importance and development as you do your white males, amazing things happen
- Steve Rogers was raised by an Irish-catholic single mom in New York in the Depression era
- Steve Rogers grew up with a ton of disabilities
- Steve Rogers had an apartment in an incredibly gay section of New York
- Steve Rogers was a fine arts student
- Steve Rogers completely missed the Red Scare, McCarthyism, the Cold War, Vietnam, Korea, etc.
- Steve Rogers was written by two Jewish guys
- Steve Rogers had a gay best friend and did not consider his love to be any less valid or less real
- Steve Rogers worked with Japanese-American and black soldiers in, again, the Second World War
- Steve Rogers was just in a movie about how utterly fucked up the military-industrial complex is
Basically if your Steve Rogers is a conservative commie-hating uberChristian who would be at home in a racist southern church, you’re doing something wrong.
FUCK YES THIS